Kamrin Moore leads Bishop O'Connell Football Squad
Senior Is Headed to Boston College
Bishop O'Connell's Kamrin Moore will attend Boston College next year.
After having their first non-losing record since 2008 last fall with a 5-5 mark, the Bishop O'Connell Knights want to up the ante this season and qualify for the Washington Catholic Athletic Conference postseason. The last year that happened for the high school football team was in 2003.
"We believe we have a good team," second-year O'Connell coach Del Smith said. "As a program, our goal is to make the playoffs. To do that we'll have to beat one of those good teams in our conference like Good Counsel, St. John's, Gonzaga or DeMatha."
Unlike many O'Connell teams in the past, this year's team has a good chance of competing, and that's largely due to their senior Captain Kamrin Moore. Moore is a 6-foot-1, 190-pound running back/ defensive back committed to Boston College.
Moore has not yet been rated by any of the major recruiting services. "I'm not worried about ratings," Moore said. "People will notice my individual talent in due time. My main focus this season is to make the playoffs."
O'Connell's season thus far has been mediocre with a 4-4 record through eight games with two games remaining this season.
"We beefed up our schedule up a bit this season. These games should help us be ready for our conference opponents," Smith said.
With two games remaining this season, O'Connell will need to win both games in order to qualify for playoffs. "The pressure is definitely on, but as a team we're ready and looking forward to the challenge. We know McNamara will be a tough game but we're ready," Moore said.
Eager to begin his collegiate career, Moore has been preparing for the more physical and up-tempo college game by working with a personal trainer. "Boston College is going to be a great fit for me because I'll be playing my natural position, safety. I can use my speed on the defensive end to cause match up problems for opponents," Moore said.
There are many things Moore is working on to improve his skills and on-field performance. "I'm working on my strength with a trainer. I know Division 1 guys are bigger and stronger than high school guys," Moore said. "Also, I'm working on my leadership role."
No one has noticed Moore's growth more than Coach Smith. "Kam Moore is definitely a vocal, and example type leader for us," Smith said.
Through eight games, Moore has 452 total yards and averages 6.85 yards per carry with seven touchdowns this season. Moore's 29-yard reception has been his longest this season.
The stage is set for the Washington Catholic Athletic Conference championship game on the campus of American University as Moore looks to cap off a stellar senior season and lead his O'Connell Knights to their first ever WCAC championship. With two games remaining in the season, O'Connell must win their next two games in order to advance. "When the lights are on, it's time to perform," said Moore, excited about the thought of leading his team to the playoffs.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent Howard University News Service News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR HOWARD UNIVERSITY NEWS SERVICE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST HOWARD UNIVERSITY NEWS SERVICE
- From Child to Man in the Circus
- Sisters Turn Hobby Into Profitable Business
- UniverSoul Promises Unique, Joyous Circus Experience
- New Farmers Market Offers Food, Music and Fun
- Councilwoman, Residents Outline Plans for Ward 8
- Obama expresses sorrow over S.C. church shooting
- Friends, Family Honor Slain Journalist
RECENT HOWARD UNIVERSITY NEWS SERVICE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Miss a Beat: Tips for Enjoying a Live Concert
- Tips to Enjoy Pest-Free Camping This Summer
- Los Hispanos Predominan En El Mercado De Regreso a Clases...
- Chiropractors Offer Advice to Those With Diabetes
- Waste and Recycling Jobs: Opportunities Are Plentiful
- Landfills: An Unexpected Source of Renewable Energy
- The Best Accessories are Easy, Convenient and Portable
- The Latest Buzz Phrase in Health Care
- Content Agency Promises the Best Bang for Your...
- The Best Accessories for Going Swimming
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Five Tips for Making Your Dorm Room Feel Like Home
- Tinder Reveals Top 50 U.S. College Campuses with Most Popular Men and Women
- Little Known Tips to Pay Less at College Bookstores
- 18-25 Years Old? EARN $80 IN 90 MINUTES for Participating in Research Study
- truth® CELEBRATES SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY MOVE TO TOBACCO-FREE