Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
(NewsUSA) - "What is happiness? We can say happiness is this or that, but in terms of life, your life energies are happening in a more exuberant way than it normally happens," according to yogi, visionary, and thought leader Sadhguru.
Although children are naturally happy with things as simple as an empty box or a bucket of sand and some water, the cost of happiness increases in adulthood, Sadhguru explains. Many adults find that their happiness depends on outside forces, such as relying on someone else, obtaining something else, or engaging in additional activities.
"Everybody has been happy, but the problem is they're not able to maintain it," Sadhguru notes.
"All this effort of life, everything that you did -- education, career, business, family, whatever you did -- was in pursuit of happiness. Everything that humanity has done on this planet is in pursuit of happiness," he observes. But these factors can be seen as externally rather than internally driven.
By contrast, another way to achieve sustained, long-term happiness involves starting from the inside. Sadhguru's latest book, "Inner Engineering" offers guidance on how to achieve long-term happiness by focusing on yourself. The role of an Isha yoga practice, as outlined by Sadhguru, is one element in the process of developing sustained happiness.
Isha yoga can help individuals develop happiness from within by building confidence and health.
According to a recent survey of 536 adults who practiced Isha yoga, 98 percent reported improved mental clarity, 94 percent reported improved inner peace, and 92 percent reported improved emotional balance.
In addition, the Inner Engineering course "helps you put your life on self-start so you become in charge of your happiness, joy, and peace," according to Sadhguru.
The course includes guidance on how to manage all aspects of one's being: mind, body, emotions, and "the fundamental life energy within." Interested individuals who have read Sadhguru's book and taken the Inner Engineering course online may be able to attend in-person classes this spring.
Sadhguru will be conducting Inner Engineering in Spring, 2017, starting on April 29-30 in Tampa, Florida, and May 27-28 in Vancouver, British Columbia.
For more information about Sadhguru and Inner Engineering, visit www.innerengineering.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent Howard University News Service News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR HOWARD UNIVERSITY NEWS SERVICE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST HOWARD UNIVERSITY NEWS SERVICE
- And Weed for All: The Man Behind DC's Marijuana Movement Looks to the Future
- A Day in the Life of Meals on Wheels
- Milk & Honey: Black-Owned Restaurant Shares Recipe for Success
- Casa Ruby: Changing Lives in the LGBTQ Community
- Howard University President Holds Town Hall Meeting
- Many Anxious as New Justice Considers Pivotal Cases
- What's Going On With Marvin Gaye Park
RECENT HOWARD UNIVERSITY NEWS SERVICE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Four Tech Tools That Can Help Your Small Business Grow
- Streaming Content Box Cuts Your Cable and Costs
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...